7.20.2008

LCC Culture Festival, an amazing experience….

I have been in the US for almost four months, and since I arrived here I’m living strong and unforgettable experiences. And last Friday (July 18), I had an enjoyable afternoon with my friends and teachers from UH (LCC).It was the Culture Festival, a meeting to show up our traditional culture. Almost everything is like a new taste, literally! I mean….cultures and, of course, new food!

Well, when I start to thing what to wear to symbolize Brazil, my friends said: Brazilian bikini. I could as the weather here is extremely hot, but come on, it was a cultural event and I think we have more than bikinis…..

About food, you know, Feijoada, Bobó de Camarão…Well, I’m a good cook, but I couldn’t make anything, because a day before my kitchen was almost broken (it’s a new house, but I’ve been have a lot problems). So, I had the idea to call the best Brazilian Restaurant we have here (Empoório Brazililian Café), but they didn’t have enough time to prepare the food. Antony, who’s the owner, gentility offered a packed of “Guaraná”, a Brazilian soda. And then I bought some “pão de queijo” there, and I made some “brigadeiros”.

Completing my performance, I invited my Brazilian friend Paty Sue to come with me and she brought some nice music. The party was ready! We had a lot of fun and the opportunity to meet anothers cultures.

I’m so glad!!!! ;-)

P.S.: Next time I'll show you how to make pão de queijo and brigadeiro.

1 comment:

sergiospires said...

Very good!
I liked!